Pro AV Catalog
NEC Display: Carmike Cinemas’ Concession Stands
Carmike Cinemas was looking for a solution that would allow them to quickly roll out promotions throughout all of their theater locations and NEC digital signage helped them accomplish this.
- Facility: Carmike Cinemas
- Vertical: Theater
- Location: 280 theaters across the U.S.; headquarters in Columbus, GA
- Challenges: Increase per user spending by upgrading concession stands to digital menu boards at all locations. Sought an efficient way to communicate promotions to customers across 45 different menu layouts
- Solution: 42" NEC V423 and 46" NEC V463
- Result: Elevated the theater's look and feel as well as their reputation
- Date: Phase one: July-December 2013; phase two: January-July 2014
NEC Digital Signage Makes Promotions Pop at Carmike Cinemas’ Concession Stands
Buying popcorn at the movies is just a given for many people—and over the years, concession sales have become the lifeblood for many theaters.
Carmike Cinemas, the fourth largest movie theater chain in the U.S., boosts snack sales at its concession stands through a number of noteworthy promotions, including its famed refillable popcorn bucket. With 280 locations, however, Carmike needed an efficient way to market new offerings that aligned with its reputation as a leader in digital cinema.
Click here for the full case study
Texolve Digital Inc.
201A Ann Street
Oakmont, PA 15139