Pro AV Catalog
Today at IBC 2019 in Amsterdam, AJA Video Systems unveiled KUMO 6464-12G, a new SDI router featuring 64x 12G-SDI inputs and 64x 12G-SDI outputs for high quality, cost-effective signal routing. KUMO 6464-12G suits a range of broadcast, production, post, and proAV environments and allows professionals to take advantage of the scalability, security, and increased bandwidth that 12G-SDI provides.
“Interest in 12G-SDI is surging among live production and post professionals as workflows grow more complex with increasing adoption of UltraHD, HDR and even 8K. The positive response to our KUMO 1616-12G and KUMO 3232-12G routers reinforced the need for increased capacity 12G routing, so naturally, we’re excited to announce KUMO 6464-12G with 64 inputs and 64 outputs, especially for environments where compact size and substantial routing capacity are critical,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
With KUMO 6464-12G, professionals can easily route and control video with embedded audio to/from BNC connections with auto reclocking of SDI rates. The KUMO routers can be configured for ganged dual and quad-port routing, so that users can easily combine multiple inputs and outputs for Dual Link, 4K, UltraHD and 8K workflows, enabling seamless routing of uncompressed, compressed, or Raw 4K signals throughout a facility.
KUMO 6464-12G Features:
- Single cable support for 4K/UltraHD 12G-SDI routing in a compact 4RU profile
- 64x 12G-BNC inputs and 64x 12G-BNC outputs
- 8K, 4K, UHD, 2K, HD, SD resolution support
- Compatible with and exceeds SMPTE specifications
- Facilitates Quad-Link, Dual-Link, 4K/UltraHD and 8K/UltraHD2 with multiport SDI switching for two or four sources at once
- Up to 8 Salvos can be configured and saved in each KUMO router
- Embedded web server for remote control on a standard web-browser
- Supports AJA KUMO Ethernet control panels, direct connect or networked
- 1x RS-422 with support for Grass Valley Native Protocol
- USB port for easy initial network setup
- Auto re-clocking SDI rates: 270/1.483 Gbps/1.485 Gbps/2.967 Gbps/2.970 Gbps/5.934 Gbps/5.940 Gbps/11.868 Gbps/11.880 Gbps
- Format agnostic, 270 Mbps - 12 Gbps
- Passes all SDI embedded ancillary data including audio
- Reference Input: Analog Color Black (1V) or Composite Sync (2V or 4V) Looping, Nonterminating
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45), REST API
- Redundant power supply option
- Five year warranty
Pricing and Availability
KUMO 6464-12G will be available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network this autumn for $8995 US MSRP. For more information, visit www.aja.com/products/kumo-6464-12g.
201A Ann Street
Oakmont, PA 15139