Designed from the ground up to support next-generation AI and AR workflows, KONA X is a 4-lane, PCIe 3.0 video I/O card with two full-size, bidirectional 12G-SDI BNC connections and two full-size HDMI 2.0 connections, one for input and one for output. KONA X lets users achieve as low as sub-frame latencies with Streaming DMA (Direct Memory Access), which enables powerful real time workflows with no perceptible delay on I/O and processing crucial for implementations such as live sports and virtual production*.
Supporting 4K/UltraHD, 2K/HD, SD, 10-bit 4:2:2, 4:4:4 and 12-bit color spaces for pristine image quality, KONA X offers the flexibility to ingest and output with 12G-SDI and full-size HDMI 2.0 ports. The bidirectional 12G-SDI ports provide immense flexibility for capture and simultaneous pass-through, and with the appropriate software, multi-channel capture and streaming.
KONA X is driven by AJA's Control Room and Control Panel software, with support for leading content creation applications, such as Adobe® Premiere® Pro, Apple® Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer®, FilmLight, OBS Studio, vMix, and much more. KONA X is also compatible with AJA's multi-platform Developer SDK.
For HDR workflows, KONA X supports HDR10+, HLG, PQ, and Dolby Vision for rich color delivery over SDI and/or HDMI.
- 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD/SD up to 50/60p
- 2x bidirectional 12G-SDI with up to 16-channels of embedded audio
- HDMI 2.0 input and output with up to 8-channels of embedded audio
- RGB 4:4:4 12-bit (4K/UltraHD) workflows supported
- YCbCr 4:2:2 10-bit and HFR workflows supported
- VESA HDMI I/O compatibility - the video subsystem timing is agnostic, enabling capture and playback of a myriad of HDMI formats
- Support for Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and Avid Media Composer and much more
- Support for OEM applications with the AJA Developer SDK and In-Firmware Microcontroller
- 4K Closed Caption Support
- VPID signaling for SDR/HDR Transfer Characteristics, Colorimetry and Luminance via SDI
- PQ, HLG, HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision Support
- HDR Metadata Capture and Auto Playback Detection
- Includes support for the latest Apple silicon
- Optional KONA Xpand board provides Bi-level / Tri-level Video Reference (BNC), LTC in/out, RS-422, 8-channels of AES/EBU audio (with included breakout cable) and 2-channels of analog audio in and out (via user supplied DB-15 to XLR cable)