Media Composer® | Cloud Remote transcends facility, geographic and time zone limitations by enabling content creators, editors, reporters and videographers to craft better stories from everywhere. Whether working on a news story across town, an episode of a hit series or a sporting event across the world, Media Composer | Cloud Remote gives you the ability to ingest, edit, and move media fluidly between the story site and production facility.
Media Composer | Cloud Remote enables any Media Composer editor with an Internet connection to connect to a MediaCentral® | Production Management or Interplay® | Production workgroup. It connects multiple remote editors simultaneously, enabling them to combine footage from their location with material on the MediaCentral or Interplay system at the home facility. For quick turnaround, you can have proxies of finished edits precede full resolution media uploads and become available to everyone in the facility and the field in one simple, transparent process.
Media Composer | Cloud Remote makes global editing workflows possible, with instant access to assets and workgroup resources that enable broadcasters and content creators to attain new levels of creativity, content quality, speed and audience engagement. Since editors, reporters, and producers in the field can securely edit from any location, businesses can expand their pool of creative talent to a global base and more effectively utilize their specialized talent.
A story from the field or location shoot may start with material imported into Media Composer, but all assets residing in the MediaCentral or Interplay workgroup’s Avid NEXIS® or other shared storage can be instantly and securely searched, browsed, and added to the timeline. Instead of separate error-prone serial processes, sequence check-in, transcoding, and transfer operations are automatic, transparent, and handled in parallel, ensuring fast-breaking stories get quickly to air, or that dailies editing can begin immediately.
- Extend real-time collaborative production everywhere to any Media Composer editor with an Internet connection
- Edit projects from any location, incorporating both locally acquired and workgroup media assets
- Browse and use streamed workgroup media in real time without pre-creating proxy media
- Download workgroup media to local storage for improved remote performance and disconnected editing
- Transparently handle transcoding, uploading, and check-in of finished projects and locally acquired media in the background with a Wi-Fi or 4G connection
- Faster than real time upload of H.264 proxies with 3.5Mbps connection under typical conditions
- Upload H.264 proxy media, full-resolution media or proxy followed by full-resolution media
- Begin uploading media before a sequence is finished