INDIANAPOLIS (CEDIA Expo 2011, Booth 3751) – Sept. 8, 2011 – Epson America today announced its first line of 2D and 3D Full HD 1080p home theater projectors with the new 3LCD™ PowerLite® Pro Cinema 6010, and Home Cinema 5010/5010e and 3010/3010e. With both home cinema enthusiasts and custom installers in mind, Epson utilizes new Bright 3D Drive technology for an exceptional 3D viewing experience at home on a big screen. Epson’s new line offers a range of value-add features and performance at varying price levels to accommodate virtually all home cinema projection needs, including an entry-level solution available for less than $1,600.
As the number-one selling projector brand worldwide[i]
, Epson utilizes full HD, active shutter 3D, with 1080p resolution and Bright 3D Drive Technology, which drives the panels at 480Hz, essentially doubling the image refresh rate of 240Hz panels, delivering ultra-bright images and reduced crosstalk for the ultimate in 3D viewing at home. These projectors offer high brightness – up to 2,400 lumens of color and white light output[ii]
– and enable viewing on larger screens and in a range of ambient light conditions. Combined with remarkable contrast and a number of value-add features, including wireless installation options and split screen mode for watching two pictures at once or watching TV and using the Internet at the same time, the Pro Cinema 6010, and Home Cinema 5010/5010e and 3010/3010e deliver top 3D and 2D performance and image quality in each of their respective categories.
“A large issue with 3D projection at home is the loss of brightness in image and picture quality,” said Jason Palmer, marketing manager, Epson America. “With the 480 Hz drive technology developed by Epson, we’ve been able to create a bright, crisp image for home users to truly enjoy the 3D experience. Coupled with exceptional 2D quality viewing, these new projectors are an outstanding choice for any home cinema.”
More About the Pro Cinema 6010 and Home Cinema 5010/5010e
The Pro Cinema 6010 and Home Cinema 5010 and 5010e (wireless) feature an outstanding contrast ratio of up to 200,000:1 and up to 2,400 lumens of color and white light output for incredible black levels with a clear, clean picture. With Epson’s Super Resolution technology and FineFrame™ technology for smoother frame interpolation and sharper video quality (2D Mode), cinema filter feature for larger color space and improved color fidelity and a Fujinon® OptiCinema™ lens (2.1 zoom ratio), these projectors deliver top-of-the-line performance and quality. And to further enhance the 3D experience, they also include 2D to 3D conversion. The flagship Pro Cinema 6010 also adds two anamorphic lens modes, two pairs of 3D glasses, ISF calibration, color isolation, and a ceiling mount, cable cover and extra lamp for installation flexibility.
More About the Home Cinema 3010/3010e
Offering big screen home 3D viewing, the Home Cinema 3010 and 3010e (wireless) deliver up to 2,200 lumens of color and white light output along with a superb contrast ratio of up to 40,000:1 for outstanding black levels. In addition, both models feature two built-in 10W speakers for great home cinema sound. The Home Cinema 3010 also includes two pairs of 3D glasses. These affordably priced projectors offer outstanding 3D and 2D big screen image quality for a reasonable price and are ideal for home cinema enthusiasts who don’t require installation or professional-level color tools.
Additional Features of Epson’s 2D and 3D Full HD 1080p Home Theater Projector Line-up
Further augmenting performance, value and total cost of 3LCD projector ownership, each model also shares the following features:
· Split screen capabilities in 2D mode for watching two pictures at once, or watching TV and using the Internet at the same time
· Epson 3LCD technology for amazing color and detail
· Five color modes in 2D and two color modes in 3D to easily adapt to different viewing environments
- Epson’s exclusive 230W E-TORL® (Epson Twin Optics Reflection Lamp) offering high brightness and up to 6,000 hours of lamp life[iii]
- HDMI (two), component video, composite video, VGA, RCA audio, and USB connections for flexibility
- Wireless transmitter included with Home Cinema 3010e and 5010e for ultimate installation flexibility without wires, using the WirelessHD standard to send uncompressed high-definition video over short distances to the projector
- Two pairs of 3D glasses included with Home Cinema 3010 and Pro Home Cinema 6010; 3D glasses sold separately for Home Cinema 3010e, 5010 and 5010e