The ENC6801+D encoder is a high-precision, 12-bit digital encoder that supports NTSC, PAL-B and PAL-M standards.
Standard selection is automatic for 525-line NTSC and 625-line PAL standards. The high-quality encoding is ideal for use in the primary broadcast path, as well as for monitoring purposes.
Part of the 6800+™ core processing frame, the ENC6801+D module can be controlled manually via card-edge controls, or controlled and monitored via the CCS Navigator™ software application, HTTP web browser, NUCLEUS™ hardware control panels or third-party SNMP-based control applications. The module is Q-SEE™-compliant, allowing for direct thumbnail monitoring when installed in an Ethernet-equipped 6800+ frame.
- Line synchronization within a three-line window
- Encodes 4:2:2 digital video into a composite analog signal
- 12-bit digital internal processing, output over-sampled at 54 MHz
- Provides four composite outputs and two SDI reclocked outputs
- Automatic selection between NTSC, PAL-M and PAL-B standards, with settings shadowed and restored
- Genlock input on module or frame genlock can be used for reference
- Color-frame locked if used with external Genlock
- Jitter removal
- EDH detection
- Vertical blanking field/line/mode control:
- Line 10 to 21 (NTSC/PAL-M), lines 6 to 23 (PAL-B)
- Adjustable level controls (luminance, chrominance, black)
- Adjustment for ±180° chrominance phase
- SCH offset (0/180 for NTSC, 0/90/180/270 for PAL)
- Pedestal on/off selection (with starting line selection)
- Supports card-edge and remote control of module (via CCS Navigator, web browser and third-party SNMP-based control applications)