Streamline operations. Improve on-air looks. Increase performance. Nexio® Connectus® gives you the edge to respond to these demands by centrally managing your valuable graphics resources, with ultimate control and efficiency.
Create Once - Distribute AnywhereThe Nexio Connectus graphics management and distribution system enables stations and facilities to take advantage of lightning-fast workflows for sharing and distributing graphics. Your graphics team can create content in Dallas, your local news director can make up-to-the-minute edits to the content from Denver, and your CG operator in New York can download the latest approved content to a graphics playback system. With Nexio Connectus, graphics designers, producers and operators have the freedom to create, share, manage and distribute their content to and from any location, any way they choose.
The workflow is simple. Graphics designers and authorized users can create, browse and edit graphics using a variety of Nexio Inscriber content creation software systems, as well as popular third-party graphics software products such as Adobe® Photoshop® and After Effects® and Autodesk® 3ds Max®. Content is then published to the centralized Nexio Connectus server, ready to be viewed, edited and approved for playout. Content residing on the Nexio Connectus server can be sent - either manually or via the system console - to playback accurately and efficiently on the on-air devices networked across a LAN, WAN or the Internet.
Deliver Accurate Content 24/7
Nexio Connectus lets you set approval rules for authorized administrators, guaranteeing content that gets played to air is accurate, 24/7. The Nexio Connectus approval process ensures that only approved content is made available for locations outside the creation source, such as affiliate stations. Specific approval requirements can be created for individual players, with content approved by predetermined approvers, such as the Nexio Connectus administrator and the designer. As new content is published that requires approval, the system automatically generates an e-mail notification to the appropriate approvers.
Make the Most of Your MOS Environment
In busy MOS environments using Newsroom Computer Systems (NRCS) such as AP® ENPS®, Nexio Connectus centrally manages and moves content directly among the offline systems used for creating graphics, the Connectus server and the playback devices.
The Content Receiver utility is a free application that allows you to convert any system on your network into a Connectus player system, allowing content to be distributed to specified folders on the machine
This tool easily allows you to build player networks for content distribution
Inscriber Shell Extension
The Inscriber Shell Extension is a convenient toolkit that allows you to publish or download files to or from the Connectus server
This tool allows graphic designers or other production team members to utilize the powerful Connectus workflow without requiring any other Imagine Communications graphics software.
Supported Graphics Systems
Connectus seamlessly integrates with the follow systems and applications.
- Seamless integration with all Nexio Graphics systems
- Supports all file formats - publish and manage documents from any application
- Content Receiver - turn any PC into a Nexio Connectus receiver
- Integrates directly with Windows® operating system to publish and download content
- Integrated approval system
- Automatic server replication
- Integrated user permissions and controls
- Remote server management
- Group content distribution
- Player maps
- Content revision history
- Support for LAN, FTP, and HTTP file transfer for distributed content management
- Auto-forwarding rules
- Remote player management
- The Connectus Streamlined Workflow - How It Works
- Content packages is published to the Connectus Server directly from the creation system.
- The content package and all associated assets are moved to the pre-defined Connectus storage server.
- If an earlier copy of the content already resides on the server, a new revision of the content is created while maintaining all initial versions.
- If an approval process is being used, the content will be stored on an unapproved server until an authorized user approves that content. Once approved, the content package is moved to an approved control server.
- Content on the approved content server can be manually downloaded to a player device, or using the
- Connectus console, the content can be distributed directly to individual or groups of player devices.