JVC Demonstrates New D-ILA Home Theater Projectors at Fall EH Expo
New THX® Certified DLA-RS20 has the industry’s highest native contrast ratio – 50,000:1.
- LONG BEACH, CA (November 5, 2008) – JVC Professional Products Company today demonstated its 1080p home theater line including the new DLA-RS20, a THX® Certified* projector that offers a native contrast ratio of 50,000:1, the industry’s highest. Also shown was its award winning DLA-RS2 configured with an anamorphic lens for 2.35:1 motion picture viewing and the new, affordable DLA-RS10 with a 32,000:1 contrast ratio. JVC's highly-acclaimed D-ILA projectors achieve high contrast ratios without the use of an auto iris. All are part of JVC's highly acclaimed Reference Series line of high end home theater products.
- Contributing to the DLA-RS20's superior native contrast ratio is a newly developed lens with a 16-step fixed aperture that helps eliminate extraneous light that can reduce contrast levels and allows adjustment of brightness to suit user preferences. The DLA-RS10 features a 3-step aperture. In addition, changing the structural design of the optical section from a conventional L-shape with a mirror to a straight configuration reduced light leakage. Combining this new structure with a highly efficient lamp allows the DLA-RS20 to achieve a brightness of 900 lumens and the DLA-RS10 to achieve 1,000 lumens.
- The DLA-RS20 is THX Certified to ensure accurate and exceptional picture quality in the home theater environment. A trusted cinema and consumer brand, THX certification provides JVC a means to further differentiate its projectors from competitive offerings and communicate a clear message about quality to customers.
- Core technologies and many of the features that earned earlier JVC projectors accolades from reviewers and users alike are also incorporated into the new DLA-RS20. But improvements in several key areas allow all four new models to deliver brighter, more intense images. What’s more, JVC has engineered an all-new chassis that is smaller giving the projector a sleeker appearance.
- Critical proprietary technologies at the heart of both projectors include JVC’s 0.7-inch full high definition D-ILA devices and the company’s wire-grid optical engine. These deliver the industry’s highest native contrast ratio, meaning that there is no dynamic iris to artificially inflate contrast specifications. As a result, the projectors simultaneously deliver true blacks and extraordinary luminance detail with unparalled contrast ratio.
1. High-performance 2x motorized zoom lens
- A new high-performance 2x zoom lens with motorized focus, zoom and shift features a large diameter, all-glass lens system with 17 elements in 15 groups that includes an ED lens to project a full HD image with exceptional depth. In addition, a unique automatic lens cover opens when the projector is powered up and closes when powered down to protect against dust.
2. Customized on-screen gamma control
- Manual adjustment of the gamma curve is possible via an on-screen display, allowing the viewer to adjust projector luminance levels by either increasing contrast in scenes that are too dark or dimming washed-out scenes to ensure precise brightness levels suited to individual preferences. Up to three settings can be adjusted and stored for future use.
3. Flexible set-up
Request more information from a dealer near you