The CrystalLink USB Fiber extender is the extender of choice for extending your USB devices. The CrystalLink USB Fiber extender makes this possible by the use of standard Single-Mode or Multi-Mode fiber cable (depending on model). You can fully operate and control all of your USB devices from as far away as 6 miles using Single-Mode Fiber cable. Access to your USB device is made convenient in a variety of situations. You can locate users away from hazardous environments where the USB device is located, locate devices away from areas vulnerable to theft, reduce noise and heat; increase desk and floor space. If additional USB devices are needed, you can add USB hubs to the receiver model and connect up to a total of 11 USB devices and 3 hubs. The CrystalLink USB Fiber extender supports all USB devices. It is ideal for use in industrial control areas, digital signage, connecting web cameras, USB device printing, scanning and storage. Supports all major operating systems including: Windows®, Max®, and Linux® and supports USB printers, scanners, web cameras, USB hard drives, flash drives, MP3 players and many more USB 1.1 and 2.0 devices.
- Single-Mode and Multi-Mode models available
- Supports USB 2.0 (high-speed) and USB 1.1 (low and full speed)
- Extend USB device up to 902' (275m) over 62.5/125µm Multi-Mode fiber, 1640' (500m) over 50 / 425µm Multi-Mode and 6 miles (10km) over Single-Mode fiber
- Operates with USB 2.0 high-speed host controllers and USB 1.1 host controllers
- Standard USB hubs can be used to increase the maximum number of connected USB devices to 14
- Up to 500 ma of power is available at each USB port for powering high-power USB devices
- Plug-and-Play installation, no configuration or set-up needed