Pro AV Catalog
Designed with NEC customers in mind, the wide-format NP510WS and standard-aspect NP610S employ a variety of eco-friendly features that lengthen the life of the projector, saving money and energy in the process. The projectors utilize ECO ModeTM technology to extend lamp life up to 5000 hours, and lower power consumption and noise level (29dB) for nearly silent operation, ensuring a pleasant presentation for speakers and audiences alike. Power management controls contribute to energy savings by automatically turning the unit off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs, while quick start (3-4 seconds) and quick shutdown allow for immediate use and power off functionality without the need for a cooling period. The NP Short Throw Series includes new features such as longer filter usage time and a carbon savings meter whereby users can calculate the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at system startup.
"The next-generation NP Short Throw Series was purposely designed for ease-of-use in areas with small throw distances, such as classrooms, conference rooms and training rooms, where a bright image is needed," said Rich McPherson, Product Manager at NEC Display Solutions. "The NP510WS and NP610S are cost-effective products that include a multitude of technologies to help presenters give efficient and successful presentations."
The NP510WS and NP610S projectors include the following features:
- Short throw lens, which eliminates shadows on the screen along with projected light in the presenter's eyes created by traditional front projection systems
- Virtual Remote (DDC/CI), which controls the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- Remote diagnostics, which enables the user to monitor and make adjustments to the projector remotely
- Closed captioning, which enables users to display text information for the hearing impaired
- Automatic Vertical Keystone Correction, which allows the projector to be tilted up or down and still produce a square image without the need to make manual image adjustments
- Auto Power ON, which eliminates the need for a remote control by automatically turning the projector on when a signal is detected
- AutoSenseTM, which enables quick setup for users that need fast functionality by intuitively syncing the projector with most computer signals
- Dual computer inputs (VGA and DVI-I with HDCP), which ensure quick switching between presentations
- Integrated RJ45 connection, which provides for quick connection to the LAN (10/100 base-T capability)
- Top cover lamp change, which provides easy lamp changes without removal of projector from the mount
- Powerful 7-watt speaker, which fills the volume requirements for most classrooms and conference rooms
- Optional wall mount kit, which provides flexibility during integration and allows for wall mounting
- Optional control and signal interface box, which manages power on/off, input switching and volume
The NP510WS and NP610S projectors will be available for January 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $949 and $999, respectively. Both projectors come with a standard 2-year limited parts and labor warranty, including the first year with InstaCareTM (repair and return in three business days or next business day exchange).
201A Ann Street
Oakmont, PA 15139