Pro AV Catalog
CHICAGO - February 8, 2010 - NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announces the addition of a new size to its P Series, the expansive 70-inch P701 LCD display for digital signage. This commercial-grade display, which joins the 40-inch P401 and 46-inch P461, is designed for the rigors of 24/7 applications such as airports, public information, healthcare, rental and staging, boardrooms and some specialty professional applications where eye-catching digital signage is required.
The P701 can be seen at the 2010 Digital Signage Expo (NEC Display Solutions Booth No. 1805) on February 24-25 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
Compared to its award-winning 65-inch MultiSync LCD6520 predecessor, this industrial strength display has a 15% larger screen surface, yet maintains the same low level of power consumption. Along with providing full connectivity, including DisplayPort for maximum flexibility and Ethernet connection for ease in remote monitoring, the P701 touts more than 30 built-in features in its Enhanced Digital Signage Technology Suite. Among these are TileMatrixTM, which enables customers to create a video wall of up to 100 displays in a 10x10 matrix, an ambient light sensor, which automatically adjusts the display according to the amount of surrounding light to guarantee consistent brightness no matter the lighting conditions, and a built-in scheduler, which enables the advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down. Additionally, the expansion slot allows seamless integration of NEC and third-party components, increasing the types of environments in which the P701 can be used.
"The addition of the P701 display brings a new size and increased variety to NEC's large-format customers that demand a dependable eye-catching display solution," said Luke Bruschuk, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. "Applications that require the utmost in advanced capabilities will want to take advantage of the DisplayPort connectivity, full high-definition resolution and robust panel offered in this P Series display. The rapidly growing digital signage market requires a professional product with an expansive screen size that delivers essential features and consistent efficiency."
Below is a partial list of features included in the P701:
- 1920 x 1080 full high-definition resolution
- 2000:1 contrast ratio
- 420 cd/m² typical brightness (600 cd/m² maximum)
- Premium-grade panel with additional thermal protection and internal temperature sensors for the most demanding digital signage industry requirements
- Sealed panel design, which provides protection against dust, grease and steam in less than optimal environments
- Enhanced Digital Signage Technology Suite, which offers more than 30 advanced features, making it easier to deploy and manage multi-screen networks
- Built-in expansion slot, which increases the connectivity and methods for displaying content
- Real-time clock and built-in scheduler, which allows for advanced scheduling of monitor powering up/down
- Enhanced video wall capabilities, including Individual or Group ID functions, copy settings function; TileMatrix (up to 100 displays in a 10x10 matrix) and TileCompTM
- AmbiBrightTM, which ensures constant and consistent brightness in any lighting condition via the ambient light sensor
- Built-in eco-friendly options such as real-time scheduler and carbon footprint meter for calculating and tracking carbon savings
- Built-in tuner (P701-AVT version, available March 2010)
- Optional accessories and products for the P701 include the NEC Display Wall Calibrator, SpectraViewIITM color calibration kit, stand, digital signage kit, single board computer, DVI daisy chain module and internal HD-SDI card
The P701 will be available for March 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $11,799. The displays ship with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
201A Ann Street
Oakmont, PA 15139